Let’s face it; college isn’t cheap, and the more free money for school, the better! Every year, there are scholarships that go unused because people either don’t know they exist or they don’t bother to apply. Here are a few examples of scholarships nobody applies for!
Why Should You Apply For A Scholarship?
The answer is simple: to get free money for school! Scholarships can help you pay for tuition, books, and living expenses while you’re in college. They can also help you graduate with less debt.
What’s the Catch?
There is no catch! These scholarships are offered by schools, businesses, and private organizations. They want to invest in students who have the potential to succeed.
How Do I Apply?
The process for applying for scholarships varies, but most of them will require you to fill out an application and write an essay. Some may also require letters of recommendation or a resume.
40 Scholarships Nobody Applies For
There are scholarships out there for everyone, you just have to know where to look. That’s why I’ve put together this list of 40 scholarships that nobody applies for. These scholarships offer free money for school, and all you need to do is submit an application. So don’t miss out on these opportunities – apply today!
Scholarships- September Deadline
- Digital Responsibility Don’t Text & Drive Scholarship: Write a 500-1000 word essay by September 30, 2022, to receive a $1,000 scholarship.
- Shout It Out Scholarship: Write 250 words or less detailing what you would say to the whole world at once for $1,500.
Free Money-October Deadline
- Craft Research Fund Artist Fellowship: Get $20,000 for graduate school by backing research on artistic and critical issues in craft theory and history.
- Ludo Frevel Crystallography Scholarship: If you are a graduate student in the study of crystals, apply by October 13, 2022 to get $2,500.
- Association For Iron & Steel Technology Intern Scholarship: Apply by October 31, 2022 to get an intern scholarship worth $12,000.
- Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship: Describe your plan for survival if your school was overrun by zombies for a chance to win a $2,000 scholarship.
Scholarships- November Deadline
- James Allen Cox Foundation Student PhotJournalists Scholarship: Create a video or still photo that tells a story about breaking news by November 15, 2022 for a chance to win a $2,500 scholarship.
- Chick and Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest: Perform and crush a hail, feed, comeback, and mating call for a chance to win $500 to $1,000 in free money for school.
Free Money- December Deadline
- Transportation Development Foundation: Create a 2-4 minute video on the importance of transportation infrastructure to the economy to win $250-$500.
- Adobe Creative Scholarships: Apply for multiple scholarships through adobe. Show your commitment to using creativity as a force for good in the world, and Adobe will cover various amounts of your tuition.
- Francis Ouimet Scholarship: If you are a highschool senior that has done 2 years of golf and has the time to write 3 essays, get 3 letters of recommendation, and send in your ACT/SAT scores you could win $1500 to $15,000 in free money for school.
- Worthy Women’s Scholarship: If you are a woman 30 or older, write a 300-500 word essay about a dream in your life and how you can accomplish it by December 5, 2022 for a chance to win $1,000 to $2,500.
- Imagine America Foundation Scholarship: For a chance at $1,000, watch a financial planning tutorial, take a quiz and apply for the scholarship. Only apply if you are over the age of 19.
- Unigo: Students 14 and up simply need to write 250 words or less about a historical figure that is brought back to life and their favorite app for a chance to win $10,000 for school.
Scholarships: January Deadline
- Adult Students in Scholastic Transition Scholarship: If you are a non-traditional adult student, you will need to demonstrate a financial need, describe your challenges, and goals for the chance to win $10,000 for school.
- I Have a Dream Scholarship: All students 14 and up can write about a dream they have in 250 words or less for a chance to win $1,500.
College Scholarship: February Deadline
- Jeannette Rankin Fund Scholarship: If you are a low income woman aged 35 or older pursuing a college education, you could receive a variety of free money for school.
- Alice W. Rooke Scholarship: Want to be a doctor? Start by sharing your plans for the medical field in 1,000 words or less to earn a $5,000 scholarship.
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship: If you are a high school senior who is a vegetarian, share your passion for vegetarianism with your school or community for a chance to win $5,000 or $10,000.
- Sweet and Simple Scholarship: Write a 250 word essay about a meaningful gift you received for a chance to win $1,500 for school.
Scholarships: March Deadline
- Alzheimer’s Awareness Scholarship:Have you had an experience with Alzheimer’s? If so, write about it for a chance to get a $400 to $5,000 scholarship.
- Tall Clubs International Scholarship: Are you tall? If you are a man at least 6’2” and a woman 5’10” you can get a scholarship for $1,000.
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Scholarship: Although it’s not open until next year, you can apply to win $2,500 to $10,000 with no essay required.
- Doodle for Google Scholarship: Every year, Google chooses a new theme and students can create a doodle featuring their logo. If you win, you can get a $30,000 to $50,000 scholarship.
- Superpower Scholarship: Write a 250 word essay about a superhero or villain you would like to trade places with. You will have a chance to win $2,500.
Free Money: April Deadline
- All About Education Scholarship: Tell them how their scholarship will ease the burden on you in 250 words or less. You have a chance to win $3,000 for school.
- Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund: If you are a current college student with a financial need, make your voice heard for social and economic justice and change. With that, you can win $15,000 towards your education.
Scholarships: May Deadline
- Fifth Month Scholarship: Write a letter to the number 5 explaining why it’s so important for you to win the scholarship. Winners will receive $1,500.
- Association of Moving Image Archivists Sony Pictures Scholarship: In 1,000 words or less, explain your major, interests in archiving moving images, and experience. You have a chance to win $4,000.
College Scholarship: June Deadline
- Stuck at Prom Scholarship: Create and wear your own prom attire using Duct tape. Submit at least 1 photo of your creation for a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship.
- 31. Cappex Easy Money Scholarship: This no essay scholarship is as easy as it gets. Create a Cappex profile and explain what you do in your free time for a chance at $1,000.
- Tallo Pathways to Success Scholarship: You don’t have to write an essay for this one. All you have to do is create a free tallo profile and answer simple questions to be entered to win a $3,000 scholarship.
Scholarships: July Deadline
- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship: Are you pursuing a healthcare career? If so, Tylenol Future care awards students who display academic excellence, leadership, community involvement, and dedication with up to $10,000. With them awarding 35 people, you have a better chance of winning a scholarship.
- BMTX Annual Financial empowerment Scholarship: If you have a 3.0 GPA or higher, make a 30-60 second video explaining the importance of financial empowerment in your life for a chance to win $1,500 towards school.
Free Money: August Deadline
- Make Me Laugh Scholarship: All you have to do is make them laugh to get $1,500 in free money for school.
- Clubs of America Scholarship: Write a 600 word essay about your professional aspirations and if chosen, you’ll get $1,000 towards your education.
Scholarships Nobody Applies For Year-Round Deadlines
- Courage to Grow Scholarship: Write why you deserve the award. Each month they give 1 student $500 towards school.
- Too Cool to Pay for School Scholarship: You can apply 4 times a year for a chance to win $1,000 towards your college tuition. All you have to do is fill out the application to enter the drawing.
- SmarterCollege Scholarship: if you are heading to college or just paying back loans, you can enter every month for a chance to win $2,500.
- Debt.com Scholarship: If you’ve applied to college, you can apply every two months to win $500 towards your schooling.
Looking for more college scholarships? Make sure to check out Unigo to find a scholarship that’s just right for you! If you’re looking for more ways to get free money, see if you qualify for these 2022 Class Action Settlements.