Although National Consumer Panel (NCP) has been around for a few years, it seems to be gathering a lot of buzz lately. Some people are wondering if it’s legit, while others are just trying to figure out how to maximize their earnings.
In this post, we’ll take a look at what National Consumer Panel is, how it works, and what you can expect from participating in 2022.
Spoiler Alert: there are lots of freebies! Keep reading to learn more…
What is the National Consumer Panel?
The National Consumer Panel (NCP) is a consumer research panel that provides insights on consumer behavior to manufacturers and retailers. In exchange for participating, members earn rewards like sweepstakes entries and gift cards.
NCP is owned by two of the biggest names in market research: Nielsen and IRI. Nielsen is probably the more familiar of the two, as they’re best known for their TV ratings. IRI, on the other hand, is a leading provider of big data and market insights for the consumer packaged goods industry.
So basically, when you join NCP and provide feedback on your purchase habits, you’re helping some of the biggest brands in the world make better decisions about the products they offer.
How Does National Consumer Panel Work?
Joining National Consumer Panel is pretty straightforward. You can either sign up online or call their toll-free number to get started.
Once you’re a member, you’ll be sent a scanner (or “portable data collection device” as they like to call it) that you’ll use to scan the barcodes of the items you purchase. You’ll also be asked to complete short surveys on your buying habits from time to time.
Why Should I Do It?
In exchange for participating, you’ll earn points that can be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards, sweepstakes entries, and more. The specific rewards you’ll be able to choose from will depend on your location and the current offers.
For example, at the time of this writing, members in the United States can choose from over 70 different rewards, including gift cards for popular retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Target. Sweepstakes entries are also available, with prizes like cash, electronics, and even vacations up for grabs.
Members in Canada have a slightly smaller selection of rewards to choose from, but there are still plenty of gift cards and sweepstakes entries to choose from.
Here are a few perks:
- Sweepstakes entries: For each week of the month NCP receives your purchase information, you will earn one entry into the $100 Monthly Sweepstakes where you can win a $100 Vanilla Visa eReward. That’s up to FOUR entries every month! Every month, 20 panel members win!
- Potential for more: That’s not all…If NCP receives your purchase information every week in the month, you will earn one entry into the quarterly $500 Super Scanner Sweepstakes. That’s up to THREE entries every quarter! Every quarter, five lucky panel members win a $500 Vanilla Visa eReward!
- Huge sweeps: In addition, if NCP receives your purchase information every week in a qualifying quarter, you will earn one entry into their Cash Giveaway Sweepstakes where you can win $5,000! Every quarter, one lucky panel member wins!
What Should I Know About National Consumer Panel?
One thing to keep in mind is that NCP does require you to earn a minimum of 1,000 points before you’re able to redeem them. While this may seem like a lot, it really only works out to about $10 worth of purchases per week. If you scan everything you buy, you should reach the minimum balance in no time.
Another thing to remember is that NCP is a panel, which means that they’re always looking for new members. So if you know someone who might be interested, be sure to tell them about it!
How Do You Earn Points With NCP?
In order for you to get the most out of NCP, it’s important to know how their point system works. There are 2 main ways you can earn points:
- In the App: The app allows you to earn money by scanning your receipts and the bar codes of items you’ve purchased. You can scan receipts from any store as long as the name of the store is on the receipt. Both iOS and Android users can use the app.
- Taking Surveys: The second way to earn points is by taking surveys. You take surveys to earn more points for your point system. After you buy something, you will usually get a survey to complete about your purchase.
Scanning Your Reciept
For starters, you get 50 points per receipt, with a maximum of 500 earned per week. You will need to send in 10 receipts a week to reach the maximum payout.
The maximum payout for the week is 5,000 points which can be redeemed for $5.00. However, if you save your points up, you can actually make more money by cashing in bigger amounts of points.
Here’s a breakdown:
- $5 for 5,000 points= $0.05 per receipt
- $10 for 9,000 points= $0.0556 per receipt
- $25 for 21,000 points= $0.0595 per receipt
- $50 for 41,000 points= $0.061 per receipt
As you can see, you do make more money by saving up your points!
Is NCP Worth It? An Honest Review
Yes, we think so. National Consumer Panel is a great way to earn rewards, enter sweepstakes, and get free stuff – all while helping companies make better products.
It’s easy to use, the rewards are decent, and you can cash out your earnings whenever you want. We also like that there are no fees or commitments involved.
The only downside is that you do need to earn a minimum of 1,000 points before you’re able to redeem them. However, we think this is a small price to pay for all the great benefits NCP has to offer.
More Money Saving Tips
- 5 Easy Ways to Save Money This Fall
- 40 Scholarships Nobody Applies For Get Free Money For School
- 10 Ways to Get Freebies and Free Samples Today
- Gas Prices are Atrocious! Save on Gas with Upside
If you’re looking for an easy way to earn rewards and free stuff, National Consumer Panel is definitely worth checking out! Sign Up, Here!