Flashfood– it’s the best food app to get cheap food! With this app, you can find great deals on food at grocery stores near you. Plus, it’s really easy to use. Just download the app and start browsing! You’ll be able to save money on your next meal.
Did you know that 160,000,000,000 pounds of food in North America ends up in landfills? That’s enough to fill more than 800,000 football fields! Flashfood is working to reduce this number by connecting grocery stores with surplus food to people who want it.
The app allows users to browse through deals on food that would otherwise go to waste, and then purchase it at a discounted price. This not only saves the user money but also helps to reduce food waste.
What is Flashfood?
Flashfood is an app that gets you massive savings on fresh food items such as meat and produces that are nearing their expiration date. There are a variety of grocery stores across the U.S. and Canada that are posting their grocery items reaching their “best before” date to help you save money and to fight against food waste.
About The Company
Flashfood was created in 2015 by CEO and Founder, Tyler Wade. The idea for the app came to him when he was working at a food rescue organization where he saw first-hand the issue of food waste. He thought there had to be a better way to help people save money on groceries and reduce food waste. And so, Flashfood was born!
How Does it Work?
Download the app and create an account. Once you’re signed in, you can start browsing the various food deals at grocery stores near you. When you find a deal you like, simply purchase it through the app. Then, pick up your food at the store before the expiration date. It’s that easy!
Why Use Flashfood?
There are a few reasons you should use this app:
- You’ll save money. With deals up to 50% off, you can’t go wrong!
- You’ll help reduce food waste. By purchasing food that would otherwise go to waste, you’re making a positive impact on the environment.
- Fresh food. You’ll get access to fresh, quality food. All of the food on Flashfood is fresh and quality-checked by the grocery store.
- You’ll have peace of mind knowing you’re getting a great deal. All deals on Flashfood are guaranteed to be the best price available.
What’s the Downside to Using Flashfood?
There are a couple of downsides to using this app that I have found:
- You can’t grocery shop. This isn’t an app where you can do all your grocery shopping for the month or week on the cheap. Instead, it’s more of a way to get breakfast, lunch, or dinner for the day.
- It’s not offered in every state. Because grocery stores have to participate in this program, you may not be able to find a grocery store in your state that does.
Stores That Participate
If you want to make sure you will be able to use the app before you download it, here are the stores that use this app to give back to the community:
- Food Lion
- VG’s Grocery
- Mt. Plymouth
- Stop & Shop
- Giant Eagle
- Martins Count on Us
- Wholesale Club
- Family Fare
- Real Canadian Superstore
More Ways to Save At the Grocery Store
- 7 Great Tips for Couponing at Publix
- 6 Fun Reasons You Should Be Shopping at Aldi
- 5 Awesome Money Saving Tips For Kroger
- 10 Practical Ways to Save Money on Groceries without Coupons
If you’re looking for a way to save on your food bill, Flashfood is the app for you. With discounts of up to 50%, it’s the best way to get cheap food without sacrificing quality or variety. So what are you waiting for? Download Flashfood and start saving money (and the environment)!